Synonyms of 'dead'
- deceased, defunct, departed, extinct, late, passed away, perished
- not working, inactive, inoperative, stagnant, unemployed, useless
- numb, inert, paralyzed
- total, absolute, complete, outright, thorough, unqualified, utter
- (informal) exhausted, dead beat (informal), spent, tired, worn out
- boring, dull, flat, uninteresting
Video: pronunciation of 'dead'
Thesaurus for dead from the Collins American English Thesaurus
A person, animal, or plant that is dead is no longer living.