Synonyms of 'discharge'
- release, allow to go, clear, free, liberate, pardon, set free
- dismiss, cashier, discard, expel, fire (informal), oust, remove, sack (informal)
- fire, detonate, explode, let loose (informal), let off, set off, shoot
- pour forth, dispense, emit, exude, give off, leak, ooze, release
- carry out, accomplish, do, execute, fulfill, observe, perform
- pay, clear, honor, meet, relieve, satisfy, settle, square up
Thesaurus for discharge from the Collins American English Thesaurus
When someone is discharged from hospital , prison , or one of the armed services, they are officially allowed to leave, or told that they must leave.