Synonyms of 'ending'
- extremity, boundary, edge, extent, extreme, limit, point, terminus, tip
- finish, cessation, close, closure, ending, expiration, expiry, stop, termination
- conclusion, culmination, denouement, ending, finale, resolution
- remnant, butt, fragment, leftover, oddment, remainder, scrap, stub
- destruction, death, demise, doom, extermination, extinction, ruin
- purpose, aim, goal, intention, object, objective, point, reason
Thesaurus for ending from the Collins American English Thesaurus
You can refer to the last part of a book, story , play , or film as the ending , especially when you are considering the way that the story ends.