Synonyms of 'engage'
- participate, embark on, enter into, join, set about, take part, undertake
- occupy, absorb, engross, grip, involve, preoccupy
- captivate, arrest, catch, fix, gain
- employ, appoint, enlist, enroll, hire, retain, take on
- (military)begin battle with, assail, attack, encounter, fall on, join battle with, meet, take on
- set going, activate, apply, bring into operation, energize, switch on
Video: pronunciation of 'engage'
Thesaurus for engage from the Collins American English Thesaurus