Synonyms of 'father'
- dad (informal), daddy (informal), old man (informal), pa (informal), papa (old-fashioned & informal), parent, pater (old-fashioned & informal, mainly, British), pop (informal), sire
- forefather, ancestor, forebear, predecessor, progenitor
- founder, architect, author, creator, inventor, maker, originator, prime mover
- priest, padre (informal), pastor
- sire, beget, get, procreate
Video: pronunciation of 'father'
Thesaurus for father from the Collins American English Thesaurus