Synonyms of 'father'
- dad (informal), daddy (informal), old man (informal), pa (informal), papa (old-fashioned & informal), parent, pater (old-fashioned & informal, mainly, British), pop (informal), sire
- forefather, ancestor, forebear, predecessor, progenitor
- founder, architect, author, creator, inventor, maker, originator, prime mover
- priest, padre (informal), pastor
- sire, beget, get, procreate
Thesaurus for father from the Collins American English Thesaurus
Your father is your male parent. You can also call someone your father if he brings you up as if he was this man. You can call your father 'Father'.