Synonyms of 'hard'
- solid, firm, inflexible, rigid, rocklike, stiff, strong, tough, unyielding
- strenuous, arduous, backbreaking, exacting, exhausting, laborious, rigorous, tough
- difficult, complicated, intricate, involved, knotty, perplexing, puzzling, thorny
- unfeeling, callous, cold, cruel, hardhearted, pitiless, stern, unkind, unsympathetic
- painful, disagreeable, distressing, grievous, intolerable, unpleasant
Thesaurus for hard from the Collins American English Thesaurus
Something that is hard is very firm and stiff to touch and is not easily bent, cut, or broken.