Synonyms of 'hard'
- solid, firm, inflexible, rigid, rocklike, stiff, strong, tough, unyielding
- strenuous, arduous, backbreaking, exacting, exhausting, laborious, rigorous, tough
- difficult, complicated, intricate, involved, knotty, perplexing, puzzling, thorny
- unfeeling, callous, cold, cruel, hardhearted, pitiless, stern, unkind, unsympathetic
- painful, disagreeable, distressing, grievous, intolerable, unpleasant
Video: pronunciation of 'hard'
Thesaurus for hard from the Collins American English Thesaurus
Something that is hard is very firm and stiff to touch and is not easily bent, cut, or broken.