Synonyms of 'hole'
- opening, aperture, breach, crack, fissure, gap, orifice, perforation, puncture, tear, vent
- cavity, cave, cavern, chamber, hollow, pit
- burrow, den, earth, lair, shelter
- (informal) hovel, dive (slang), dump (informal), slum
- (informal) predicament, dilemma, fix (informal), hot water (informal), jam (informal), mess, scrape (informal), spot (informal), tight spot
Thesaurus for hole from the Collins American English Thesaurus
A hole is a hollow space in something solid, with an opening on one side.