Synonyms of 'keep'
- retain, conserve, control, hold, maintain, possess, preserve
- store, carry, deposit, hold, place, stack, stock
- look after, care for, guard, maintain, manage, mind, protect, tend, watch over
- support, feed, maintain, provide for, subsidize, sustain
- detain, delay, hinder, hold back, keep back, obstruct, prevent, restrain
Video: pronunciation of 'keep'
Thesaurus for keep from the Collins American English Thesaurus
If someone keeps or is kept in a particular state, they remain in it.