Synonyms of 'lay'
- place, deposit, leave, plant, put, set, set down, spread
- arrange, organize, position, set out
- produce, bear, deposit
- put forward, advance, bring forward, lodge, offer, present, submit
- attribute, allocate, allot, ascribe, assign, impute
- devise, concoct, contrive, design, hatch, plan, plot, prepare, work out
- bet, gamble, give odds, hazard, risk, stake, wager
Thesaurus for lay from the Collins American English Thesaurus
If you lay something somewhere , you put it there in a careful , gentle , or neat way.