Synonyms of 'light'
Image of 'light'
© J. Helgason, shutterstock
Video: pronunciation of 'light'
- insubstantial, airy, buoyant, flimsy, portable, slight, underweight
- weak, faint, gentle, indistinct, mild, moderate, slight, soft
- insignificant, inconsequential, inconsiderable, scanty, slight, small, trifling, trivial
- nimble, agile, graceful, lithe, sprightly, sylphlike
- light-hearted, amusing, entertaining, frivolous, funny, humorous, witty
- digestible, frugal, modest
Thesaurus for light from the Collins American English Thesaurus
Light is the brightness that lets you see things. Light comes from sources such as the sun, moon, lamps, and fire.