Synonyms of 'meet'
- encounter, bump into, chance on, come across, confront, contact, find, happen on, run across, run into
- converge, come together, connect, cross, intersect, join, link up, touch
- satisfy, answer, come up to, comply with, discharge, fulfill, match, measure up to
- gather, assemble, collect, come together, congregate, convene, muster
- experience, bear, encounter, endure, face, go through, suffer, undergo
Video: pronunciation of 'meet'
Thesaurus for meet from the Collins American English Thesaurus
If you meet someone, you happen to be in the same place as them and start talking to them. You may know the other person, but be surprised to see them, or you may not know them at all.