Synonyms of 'mind'
- intelligence, brain, brains (informal), gray matter (informal), intellect, reason, sense, understanding, wits
- memory, recollection, remembrance
- intention, desire, disposition, fancy, inclination, leaning, notion, urge, wish
- sanity, judgment, marbles (informal), mental balance, rationality, reason, senses, wits
- take offense, be affronted, be bothered, care, disapprove, dislike, object, resent
- pay attention, heed, listen to, mark, note, obey, observe, pay heed to, take heed
- guard, attend to, keep an eye on, look after, take care of, tend, watch
- be careful, be cautious, be on guard, be on one's guard, be wary, take care, watch
Thesaurus for mind from the Collins American English Thesaurus
You refer to someone's mind when talking about their thoughts. For example , if you say that something is in your mind , you mean that you are thinking about it, and if you say that something is at the back of your mind , you mean that you are aware ...