Synonyms of 'move'
- go, advance, budge, proceed, progress, shift, stir
- change, shift, switch, transfer, transpose
- leave, migrate, pack one's bags (informal), quit, relocate, remove
- drive, activate, operate, propel, shift, start, turn
- touch, affect, excite, impress
- incite, cause, induce, influence, inspire, motivate, persuade, prompt, rouse
- propose, advocate, put forward, recommend, suggest, urge
Thesaurus for move from the Collins American English Thesaurus
When you move something or when it moves , its position changes and it does not remain still .