Synonyms of 'order'
- instruction, command, decree, dictate, direction, directive, injunction, law, mandate, regulation, rule
- sequence, arrangement, array, grouping, layout, line-up, progression, series, structure
- tidiness, method, neatness, orderliness, organization, pattern, regularity, symmetry, system
- discipline, calm, control, law, law and order, peace, quiet, tranquillity
- request, application, booking, commission, requisition, reservation
- class, caste, grade, position, rank, status
- kind, class, family, genre, ilk, sort, type
- society, association, brotherhood, community, company, fraternity, guild, organization
Video: pronunciation of 'order'
Thesaurus for order from the Collins American English Thesaurus
If you do something in order to achieve a particular thing or in order that something can happen , you do it because you want to achieve that thing.