Synonyms of 'passing'
- go by, go past, elapse, go, lapse, move, proceed, run
- qualify, do, get through, graduate, succeed
- spend, fill, occupy, while away
- give, convey, deliver, hand, send, transfer
- approve, accept, decree, enact, legislate, ordain, ratify
- exceed, beat, go beyond, outdo, outstrip, surpass
- end, blow over, cease, go
Thesaurus for passing from the Collins American English Thesaurus
A passing fashion , activity, or feeling lasts for only a short period of time and is not worth taking very seriously .