Synonyms of 'rough'
- uneven, broken, bumpy, craggy, irregular, jagged, rocky, stony
- ungracious, blunt, brusque, coarse, impolite, rude, unceremonious, uncivil, uncouth, unmannerly
- approximate, estimated, general, imprecise, inexact, sketchy, vague
- stormy, choppy, squally, turbulent, wild
- nasty, cruel, hard, harsh, tough, unfeeling, unpleasant, violent
- basic, crude, imperfect, incomplete, rudimentary, sketchy, unfinished, unpolished, unrefined
- unpleasant, arduous, hard, tough, uncomfortable
See rough out
Video: pronunciation of 'rough'
Thesaurus for rough from the Collins American English Thesaurus
If a surface is rough , it is uneven and not smooth.