Synonyms of 'run'
- race, bolt, dash, gallop, hare (British, informal), hurry, jog, leg it (informal), lope, rush, scurry, sprint
- flee, beat a retreat, beat it (slang), bolt, do a runner (slang), escape, leg it (informal), make a run for it, take flight, take off (informal), take to one's heels
- move, course, glide, go, pass, roll, skim
- work, function, go, operate, perform
- manage, administer, be in charge of, control, direct, handle, head, lead, operate
- continue, extend, go, proceed, reach, stretch
- flow, discharge, go, gush, leak, pour, spill, spout, stream
- melt, dissolve, go soft, liquefy
- publish, display, feature, print
- compete, be a candidate, contend, put oneself up for, stand, take part
- smuggle, bootleg, traffic in
Thesaurus for run from the Collins American English Thesaurus
When you run , you move more quickly than when you walk, for example because you are in a hurry to get somewhere , or for exercise.