Synonyms of 'soft'
- pliable, bendable, elastic, flexible, malleable, moldable, plastic, supple
- yielding, elastic, gelatinous, pulpy, spongy, squashy
- velvety, downy, feathery, fleecy, silky, smooth
- quiet, dulcet, gentle, murmured, muted, soft-toned
- pale, bland, light, mellow, pastel, subdued
- dim, dimmed, faint, restful
- mild, balmy, temperate
- lenient, easy-going, indulgent, lax, overindulgent, permissive, spineless
- out of condition, effeminate, flabby, flaccid, limp, weak
- (informal) easy, comfortable, cushy (informal), undemanding
- kind, compassionate, gentle, sensitive, sentimental, tenderhearted, touchy-feely (informal)
Video: pronunciation of 'soft'
Thesaurus for soft from the Collins American English Thesaurus
Something that is soft is pleasant to touch, and not rough or hard.