Synonyms of 'spirit'
- life force, life, soul, vital spark
- feeling, atmosphere, gist, tenor, tone
- temperament, attitude, character, disposition, outlook, temper
- liveliness, animation, brio, energy, enthusiasm, fire, force, life, mettle, vigor, zest
- courage, backbone, gameness, grit, guts (informal), spunk (informal)
- essence, intention, meaning, purport, purpose, sense, substance
- ghost, apparition, phantom, specter
Video: pronunciation of 'spirit'
Thesaurus for spirit from the Collins American English Thesaurus
Your spirit is the part of you that is not physical and that consists of your character and feelings.