Synonyms of 'strong'
- powerful, athletic, brawny, burly, hardy, lusty, muscular, robust, strapping, sturdy, tough
- durable, hard-wearing, heavy-duty, sturdy, substantial, well-built
- persuasive, compelling, convincing, effective, potent, sound, telling, weighty, well-founded
- intense, acute, deep, fervent, fervid, fierce, firm, keen, vehement, violent, zealous
- extreme, drastic, forceful, severe
- bright, bold, brilliant, dazzling
Thesaurus for strong from the Collins American English Thesaurus
Someone who is strong is healthy with good muscles and can move or carry heavy things, or do hard physical work.