Synonyms of 'take'
- capture, acquire, catch, get, grasp, grip, obtain, secure, seize
- accompany, bring, conduct, convoy, escort, guide, lead, usher
- carry, bear, bring, convey, ferry, fetch, haul, transport
- steal, appropriate, misappropriate, pinch (informal), pocket, purloin
- require, call for, demand, necessitate, need
- tolerate, abide, bear, endure, put up with (informal), stand, stomach, withstand
- have room for, accept, accommodate, contain, hold
- subtract, deduct, eliminate, remove
- assume, believe, consider, perceive, presume, regard, understand
Thesaurus for take from the Collins American English Thesaurus
You can use take followed by a noun to talk about an action or event, when it would also be possible to use the verb that is related to that noun. For example, you can say ' she took a shower ' instead of 'she showered'.