Synonyms of 'tell'
- inform, announce, communicate, disclose, divulge, express, make known, notify, proclaim, reveal, state
- instruct, bid, call upon, command, direct, order, require, summon
- describe, chronicle, depict, narrate, portray, recount, relate, report
- distinguish, differentiate, discern, discriminate, identify
- carry weight, count, have effect, take effect, make its presence felt, register, take its toll, weigh
Thesaurus for tell from the Collins American English Thesaurus
If you tell someone something, you give them information .