Synonyms of 'telling'
- inform, announce, communicate, disclose, divulge, express, make known, notify, proclaim, reveal, state
- instruct, bid, call upon, command, direct, order, require, summon
- describe, chronicle, depict, narrate, portray, recount, relate, report
- distinguish, differentiate, discern, discriminate, identify
- carry weight, count, have effect, take effect, make its presence felt, register, take its toll, weigh
Thesaurus for telling from the Collins American English Thesaurus
The telling of a story or of something that has happened is the reporting of it to other people.