English translation of '镇压'
'镇压' in Other Languages
British English: crack down on /kræk daʊn ɒn/ VERB
If people in authority crack down on a group of people, they become stricter in making the group obey rules or laws.
The police are cracking down on motorists who drive too fast.
- American English: crack down on
- Arabic: يَتَخِذُّ اِجْرَاءَاتٍ صَارِمَةٍ ضِدّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: tomar medida severa
- Chinese: 镇压
- Croatian: oboriti se
- Czech: zakročit
- Danish: slå ned på
- Dutch: met harde hand optreden tegen
- European Spanish: tomar medidas enérgicas contra
- Finnish: koventaa otteitaan
- French: sévir contre
- German: hart durchgreifen
- Greek: λαμβάνω μέτρα πειθαρχίας
- Italian: dare un giro di vite a
- Japanese: ･･･に断固たる措置を取る
- Korean: 단속하다
- Norwegian: slå hardt ned på
- Polish: wymierzyć karę
- European Portuguese: tomar medidas severas contra
- Romanian: a adopta o atitudine severă față de
- Russian: принимать меры против
- Spanish: tomar medidas contra
- Swedish: slå ner på
- Thai: ปราบปราม
- Turkish: sıkı tedbirler almak
- Ukrainian: вживати жорстких заходів проти
- Vietnamese: đàn áp thẳng tay
British English: quell VERB
To quell opposition or violent behaviour means to stop it.
Troops eventually quelled the unrest.
British English: repression NOUN
Repression is the use of force to restrict and control a society or other group of people.
...a society conditioned by violence and repression.
British English: suppress VERB
If someone in authority suppresses an activity, they prevent it from continuing, by using force or making it illegal.
The King quickly and brutally suppressed the rebellion.
Translation of 镇压 from the Collins Chinese to English Dictionary