Chinese translation of 'casualty'
- (c) [of war, accident]
伤(傷)病员(員)(shāngbìngyuán) (个(個), gè)
伤(傷)亡人员(員)(shāngwáng rényuán) (批, pī)
- (c) [of situation, event]
- (u) (Brit, in hospital)
急诊(診)室(jízhěnshì) (间(間), jiān)美 = emergency room, ER
heavy casualties (Mil)
Video: pronunciation of 'casualty'
'casualty' in Other Languages
British English: casualty /ˈkæʒjʊəltɪ/ NOUN
A casualty is a person who is injured or killed in a war or accident.
The casualties on our side were high.
- American English: casualty
- Arabic: مُصَاب
- Brazilian Portuguese: vítima de acidente
- Chinese: 伤亡
- Croatian: žrtva
- Czech: oběť
- Danish: en såret
- Dutch: slachtoffer
- European Spanish: víctima mortal
- Finnish: kuolonuhri sodassa tms.
- French: accidenté
- German: Verunglückter
- Greek: θύμα
- Italian: morto
- Japanese: 死傷者
- Korean: 사상자
- Norwegian: forulykket
- Polish: ofiara wypadku
- European Portuguese: vítima de acidente
- Romanian: victimă
- Russian: жертва
- Spanish: víctima
- Swedish: olycksfall
- Thai: จำนวนคนเสียชีวิตหรือได้รับบาดเจ็บ
- Turkish: zayiat
- Ukrainian: жертва
- Vietnamese: người bị giết, bị thương
Translation of casualty from the Collins English to Chinese Dictionary