Chinese translation of 'slur'
- (= insult)
a slur (on sb/sth)
(对(對)某人/某物的)诽(誹)谤(謗)((duì mǒurén/mǒuwù de) fěibàng)
to slur one's speech
'slur' in Other Languages
British English: slur NOUN
A slur is an insulting remark which could damage someone's reputation.
This is yet another slur on the integrity of the police.
British English: slur VERB
If someone slurs their speech or if their speech slurs, they do not pronounce each word clearly, because they are drunk, ill, or sleepy.
He repeated himself and slurred his words more than usual.
- American English: slur
- Brazilian Portuguese: falar arrastado
- Chinese: 含糊地念
- European Spanish: arrastrar las palabras
- French: mal articuler
- German: schleppend sprechen
- Italian: strascicare
- Japanese: 不明瞭に話す
- Korean: >불분명하게 말하다보통은 술이 취하거나 아파서
- European Portuguese: falar vagarosamente
- Spanish: arrastrar las palabras
Translation of slur from the Collins English to Chinese Dictionary