Chinese translation of 'smear'
- (= mark)
- (= insult)
- (Brit) (also smear test)
子宫(宮)颈(頸)涂(塗)片检(檢)查(zǐgōngjǐng túpiàn jiǎnchá)美 = pap smear
- (= spread) [cream, ointment, paint etc]
- (= make dirty with)
- (= insult)
诽(誹)谤(謗)(fěibàng)his hands were smeared with oil/ink
他的手上沾满(滿)了油/墨水(tā de shǒu shang zhānmǎnle yóu/mòshuǐ)
'smear' in Other Languages
British English: smear /smɪə/ NOUN
medical test A smear or a smear test is a medical test in which a few cells are taken from a woman's body and examined to see if any cancer cells are present.
- American English: pap smear
- Arabic: فَحْصُ عُنْقِ الرَّحْم
- Brazilian Portuguese: Papanicolau exame citopatológico do colo uterino
- Chinese: 宫颈涂片检查
- Croatian: papa test
- Czech: výtěr z děložního hrdla
- Danish: smear-test
- Dutch: uitstrijkje
- European Spanish: citología
- Finnish: papa-koe
- French: frottis
- German: Abstrich
- Greek: τεστ Παπανικολάου
- Italian: Pap test
- Japanese: 塗沫検査
- Korean: 도말 표본 검사
- Norwegian: celleprøve
- Polish: wymaz
- European Portuguese: papanicolau exame citopatológico do colo uterino
- Romanian: test Papanicolau
- Russian: мазок со слизистой оболочки шейки матки
- Spanish: citología
- Swedish: cellprov
- Thai: การตรวจภายใน
- Turkish: Pap smear testi
- Ukrainian: мазок
- Vietnamese: xét nghiệm phết tế bào cổ tử cung
British English: smear VERB
If you smear a surface with an oily or sticky substance or smear the substance onto the surface, you spread a layer of the substance over the surface.
She smeared her face with suntan oil.
British English: smear NOUN
oil, dirt A smear is a dirty or oily mark.
There was a smear of gravy on his chin.
Translation of smear from the Collins English to Chinese Dictionary