Chinese translation of 'squint'
'squint' in Other Languages
British English: squint /skwɪnt/ VERB
If you squint at something, you look at it with your eyes partly closed.
The girl squinted at the photograph.
- American English: squint
- Arabic: يَنْظُرُ بِعَيْنَيْـنِ نِصْفَ مُغْمَضَتَيْـنِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: olhar com os olhos meio fechados
- Chinese: 眯着眼看
- Croatian: žmirkati
- Czech: mžourat
- Danish: kigge med sammenknebne øjne
- Dutch: turen
- European Spanish: bizquear
- Finnish: karsastaa
- French: loucher
- German: schielen
- Greek: αλληθωρίζω
- Italian: strizzare gli occhi
- Japanese: 斜視である
- Korean: 눈을 가늘게 뜨고 보다
- Norwegian: skjele
- Polish: zmrużyć oczy
- European Portuguese: olhar com os olhos meio fechados
- Romanian: a se uita chiorâș
- Russian: косить (глазами)
- Spanish: entrecerrar los ojos
- Swedish: kisa
- Thai: ชำเลืองมอง
- Turkish: şaşı bakmak
- Ukrainian: мружитися
- Vietnamese: bị lác mắt
British English: squint NOUN
If someone has a squint, their eyes look in different directions from each other.
...a pimple-faced man with a squint.
Translation of squint from the Collins English to Chinese Dictionary