French translation of 'answering machine'
(= answerphone) répondeur m (téléphonique)
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'answering machine'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
She punched the answering machine to listen to the two recorded messages.THE X FILES 3: GROUND ZERO (2002)
The phone rang four times, then the answering machine cut in.KICK BACK (2002)
You must have been away... It wasn't something I could put on the answering machine.LOST CHILDREN (2002)
It stopped abruptly, then she heard the electronic beep of an answering machine.THE LAST TEMPTATION (2002)
Trends of 'answering machine'
Used Occasionally. answering machine is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'answering machine' in Other Languages
British English: answering machine /ˈɑːnsərɪŋ məˈʃiːn/ NOUN
An answering machine is a device which records telephone messages while you are out.
- American English: answering machine
- Arabic: جِهَاز الردّ الآلي
- Brazilian Portuguese: secretária eletrônica
- Chinese: 电话应答机
- Croatian: telefonska sekretarica
- Czech: záznamník telefonní
- Danish: telefonsvarer
- Dutch: antwoordapparaat
- European Spanish: contestador automático
- Finnish: puhelinvastaaja
- French: répondeur
- German: Anrufbeantworter
- Greek: τηλεφωνητής
- Italian: segreteria telefonica
- Japanese: 留守番電話
- Korean: 자동 응답기
- Norwegian: telefonsvarer
- Polish: automatyczna sekretarka
- European Portuguese: atendedor de chamadas
- Romanian: robot telefonic
- Russian: автоответчик
- Spanish: contestador automático
- Swedish: telefonsvarare
- Thai: เครื่องตอบรับโทรศัพท์
- Turkish: telesekreter
- Ukrainian: автовідповідач
- Vietnamese: máy trả lời điện thoại tự động
Translation of answering machine from the Collins English to French
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Unlock French with the Paul Noble method
Take your French to the next level with Paul's tried and tested method. No books. No rote memorization. No chance of failure. Next Steps is an intermediate course, which follows on from the Complete French Beginner's course- available to pre-order now!