French translation of antagonize
⇒ He didn't want to antagonize her.
Il ne voulait pas la contrarier.
Example Sentences Including 'antagonize'
She had no wish to antagonize this man who might be of use to her, and she sensed the change in him almost before he was aware of it.A Worm of Doubt
Diane didn't want to antagonize Ed, because sitting in the car next to him felt good.A Means to Evil
He had already become hostile and she didn't want to antagonize him further.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
Trends of 'antagonize'
View usage over:
'antagonize' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يُعادي
- Brazilian Portuguese: antagonizar
- Chinese: 敌对
- Croatian: izazvati neprijateljstvo
- Czech: znepřátelit (si) znepřátelovat (si)
- Danish: støde fra sig
- Dutch: tegen zich in het harnas jagen
- European Spanish: contrariar
- Finnish: suututtaa
- French: éveiller l'hostilité
- German: verärgern (jemanden)
- Greek: ανταγωνίζομαι
- Italian: inimicarsi
- Japanese: 敵にまわす
- Korean: 적개심을 일으키다
- Norwegian: motarbeide
- Polish: sprzeciwić się sprzeciwiać się
- Portuguese: antagonizar
- Romanian: a se împotrivia irita (pe cineva)
- Russian: конфликтовать
- Spanish: contrariar
- Swedish: stöta bort
- Thai: ทำให้กลายเป็นศัตรู
- Turkish: düşmanlığını kazanmak
- Ukrainian: ворогувати
- Vietnamese: gây thù địch
Translation of antagonize from the Collins English to French Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.