French translation of 'baffled'
- (= puzzled)
to be baffled by sth
⇒ I must admit, I'm completely baffled.
Il faut l'admettre, ça me laisse vraiment perplexe.
être dérouté(e) par qch
Example Sentences Including 'baffled'
"Still he said nothing, merely shook his head, half angry, half baffled.A Time of War
His decision to join the police had baffled people, baffled himself.The Only Game
Moira looked utterly self-possessed; John, increasingly baffled.An Older Woman
Trends of 'baffled'
View usage over:
Example Sentences Including 'baffle'
She made for the door, brushed past Anne and fluttered down the corridor like a moth looking for another light source to baffle against.THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
Financial and commercial affairs do seem to baffle him; much as they did his famous mentor, Brunel.Anti-Ice
Stan's eyes were riveted to the microphone baffle on top of the camcorder.HIDING FROM THE LIGHT
'baffled' in Other Languages
- Arabic: حَائِر
- Brazilian Portuguese: confuso confusa
- Chinese: 令人迷惑的
- Croatian: zbunjen zbunjena
- Czech: zmatený
- Danish: forvirret
- Dutch: verbijsterd
- European Spanish: desconcertado desconcertada
- Finnish: ymmällään
- French: perplexe
- German: verwirrt
- Greek: μπερδεμένος μπερδεμένη
- Italian: perplesso perplessa
- Japanese: 困惑した
- Korean: 당황한
- Norwegian: forbauset
- Polish: bezradny bezradna
- Portuguese: confuso confusa
- Romanian: încurcat încurcat, încurcată, încurcați, încurcate
- Russian: озадаченный озадаченная
- Spanish: desconcertado desconcertada
- Swedish: förbryllad förbryllat
- Thai: ทำให้งงงวย
- Turkish: şaşkın
- Ukrainian: спантеличений
- Vietnamese: bối rối
Translation of baffled from the Collins English to French Dictionary