French translation of 'baking powder'
levure f chimique
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Image of 'baking powder'
© Gts, shutterstock
Example Sentences Including 'baking powder'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Sift the flour, the 2 teaspoons superfine sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl.MOON PASSAGE (1990)
Trends of 'baking powder'
Used Rarely. baking powder is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'baking powder' in Other Languages
British English: baking powder /ˈbeɪkɪŋ ˈpaʊdə/ NOUN
Baking powder is an ingredient used in cake making. It causes cakes to rise when they are in the oven.
- American English: baking powder
- Arabic: مَسْحُوق الـخَبِيز
- Brazilian Portuguese: fermento em pó
- Chinese: 发酵粉
- Croatian: prašak za pecivo
- Czech: prášek do pečiva
- Danish: bagepulver
- Dutch: bakpoeder
- European Spanish: levadura en polvo
- Finnish: leivinjauhe
- French: levure
- German: Backpulver
- Greek: μπέικιν πάουντερ
- Italian: lievito in polvere
- Japanese: ベーキングパウダー
- Korean: 베이킹 파우더
- Norwegian: bakepulver
- Polish: proszek do pieczenia
- European Portuguese: fermento em pó
- Romanian: praf de copt
- Russian: разрыхлитель
- Spanish: levadura en polvo
- Swedish: bakpulver
- Thai: ผงฟู
- Turkish: kabartma tozu
- Ukrainian: сода для випікання
- Vietnamese: bột nở
Translation of baking powder from the Collins English to French Dictionary