French translation of 'ballpark'
- (literal, = baseball stadium)
stade m de base-ball
in the ballpark (= approximately right) [amount, claim, figure]
dans la fourchette(as good as others) [person, organization]
⇒ This puts them in the ballpark.
Cela les rend comparables.in the same ballpark as sb (as good as others) [person, organization]
dans la même catégorie que qn,
de la même trempe que qn
- [estimate, expenses]
Example Sentences Including 'ballpark'
Based on that, he figured you'd be able to quote me a price and, if it's in the ballpark , I'm authorized to okay it on the spot.Cormorant
she asked Hugh, when she showed him her ballpark figure for the entire party, a figure that had made her blanch.JUST BETWEEN US (2002)
Trends of 'ballpark'
View usage over:
'ballpark' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: estádio de beisebol
- Chinese: 棒球场
- European Spanish: estadio de béisbol
- French: stade de baseball
- German: Baseballstadion
- Italian: stadio di baseball
- Japanese: 野球場
- Korean: 야구장
- Portuguese: estádio de basebol
- Spanish: estadio de béisbol
Translation of ballpark from the Collins English to French Dictionary