French translation of befriend
- (= make friends with)
se lier d'amitié avec
⇒ He was befriended by an elderly lady.
Une dame âgée l'a pris sous son aile.
Example Sentences Including 'befriend'
It took courage to befriend a social outcast in a time of trial.MR GOLIGHTLY'S HOLIDAY (2003)
And with the Queen's efforts to befriend the Witted faction, I dared not take action against the Bresingas.THE GOLDEN FOOL: Book Two of the Tawny Man (2002)
Do you know that she has been trying for months now to befriend your children, but to no avail?Here Be Dragons
Trends of 'befriend'
View usage over:
'befriend' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: fazer amizade com
- Chinese: 和…交朋友
- European Spanish: ofrecer amistad a
- French: se lier d'amitié avec
- German: sich annehmen
- Italian: fare amicizia con
- Japanese: の友となる
- Korean: 친구가 되다
- Portuguese: fazer amizade com
- Spanish: ofrecer amistad a
Translation of befriend from the Collins English to French Dictionary