French translation of 'boat people'
boat people mpl
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'boat people'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
You've got to be willing to leave the boat people behind.Christianity Today (2000)
Trends of 'boat people'
Used Rarely. boat people is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'boat people' in Other Languages
British English: boat people NOUN
Boat people are people who escape from their country in small boats to travel to another country in the hope that they will be able to live there.
They fled the country as boat people.
- American English: boat people
- Brazilian Portuguese: refugiados que fogem a barco
- Chinese: 坐小船逃出国的难民
- European Spanish: balseros
- French: boat people
- German: Bootsflüchtlinge
- Italian: migranti su imbarcazioni di fortuna
- Japanese: ボート難民
- Korean: 다른 나라로 망명하기 위해 작은 보트를 타고 자기 나라를 탈출하는 사람
- European Portuguese: refugiados que fogem de barco
- Spanish: balseros
Translation of boat people from the Collins English to French Dictionary