French translation of 'clothes peg'
Example Sentences Including 'clothes peg'
`The guy's back in a hospital somewhere with a clothes peg on his tongue.THE MANANA MAN (2002)
9. I will not put a clothes peg on my dad's nose for a laugh when he is snoring.Samson Superslug
Trends of 'clothes peg'
View usage over:
- (used to hold two things together)
- (for coat)
- (British) (also clothes peg)
pince f à linge
to be brought down a peg or to be taken down a peg [person]
être remis(e) à sa placeto take sb down a peg or two
remettre qn à sa place
accrocherto peg the washing on the line
étendre le linge sur la corde
- (British) [groundsheet]
fixer (avec des piquets)
- [prices, wages]
stabiliserto peg sth at sth [price, rate, level, amount]
fixer qch à qch
⇒ The bank wants to peg interest rates at 4%.
La banque veut fixer les taux d'intérêt à 4%.to peg sth to sth [currency]
fixer le cours de qch par rapport à qch
⇒ The peso is pegged to the dollar.
Le cours du peso est fixé par rapport au dollar.
Example Sentences Including 'peg'
The receptionist had just arrived, and was hanging her coat carefully on a peg in the alcove off the splendid entrance hall.Tank of Serpents
The needle of the big Chevy had been hanging on the peg most of the way.Fools Gold
And secondly, although my adoptive parents are lovely, I'd often felt like a square peg in a round hole.RESCUING ROSE (2002)
'clothes peg' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مِشْبَك الغَسِيل
- Brazilian Portuguese: prendedor
- Chinese: 晒衣夹
- Croatian: kvačica za rublje
- Czech: kolíček na prádlo
- Danish: tøjklemme
- Dutch: wasknijper
- European Spanish: pinza de la ropa
- Finnish: pyykkipoika
- French: pince à linge
- German: Wäscheklammer
- Greek: μανταλάκι
- Italian: molletta per il bucato
- Japanese: 洗濯ばさみ
- Korean: 빨래 집게
- Norwegian: klesklype
- Polish: klamerka
- Portuguese: mola de roupa
- Romanian: cârlig de rufe cârlige de rufe
- Russian: бельевая прищепка
- Spanish: pinza de la ropa
- Swedish: klädnypa
- Thai: ไม้หนีบผ้า
- Turkish: çamaşır mandalı
- Ukrainian: прищіпка
- Vietnamese: kẹp phơi quần áo
Translation of clothes peg from the Collins English to French Dictionary