French translation of complimentary
- (= flattering)
to be complimentary about sth
faire des compliments sur qch
⇒ He was very complimentary about my garden.
Il a fait des compliments sur mon jardin.
- (= free) [tickets, refreshments]
⇒ I've got two complimentary tickets for tonight.
J'ai deux places gratuites pour ce soir.
Example Sentences Including 'complimentary'
Highly complimentary about the architect, he forecast that Paloma Blanca would win at least one architectural award.Final Resort
He would look at her photographs, say something complimentary about them and depart.The Image of Laura
I think Milton would have been less complimentary of Raymond.The Road to Paradise Island
Trends of 'complimentary'
View usage over:
'complimentary' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُجَامِل
- Brazilian Portuguese: cortês
- Chinese: 赞美的
- Croatian: laskav laskava
- Czech: pochvalný
- Danish: rosende
- Dutch: complimenteus
- European Spanish: elogioso elogiosa
- Finnish: kohtelias imarteleva
- French: gratuit
- German: schmeichelhaft
- Greek: κολακευτικός κολακευτική
- Italian: lusinghiero lusinghiero
- Japanese: 称賛の
- Korean: 칭찬하는
- Norwegian: rosende
- Polish: pochlebny pochlebna
- Portuguese: cortês
- Romanian: apreciativ apreciativ, apreciativă, apreciativi, apreciative
- Russian: поздравительный поздравительная
- Spanish: elogioso elogiosa
- Swedish: berömmande
- Thai: ที่ชมเชย
- Turkish: övücü
- Ukrainian: схвальний
- Vietnamese: khen ngợi
Translation of complimentary from the Collins English to French Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Related Terms of 'complimentary'