French translation of devastated
- (= deeply distressed)
⇒ I was devastated.
Example Sentences Including 'devastated'
They rushed on, on into the shelter of a little wood, skimming soundlessly between devastated trees, bayonets at the ready.Dreams of Innocence
Clearly, she meant a visit to Arthur - which would have devastated him.Death of a Nymph
He talked at length about the great plague of London in 1665 which quite devastated the country.The Road to Paradise Island
Trends of 'devastated'
View usage over:
- (= seriously damage) [area, building]
- (= deeply distress)
anéantirto be devastated by sth
être anéanti(e) par qch
⇒ He was devastated by the news.
Il a été anéanti par la nouvelle.
Example Sentences Including 'devastate'
The power that would be released would devastate the world!SANDS OF TIME (2003)
Darling, I've got to see Jon before I explode with the force of an H-bomb and devastate the diocese.Absolute Truths
'devastated' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُدَمَّر
- Brazilian Portuguese: devastado devastada
- Chinese: 被毁坏的
- Croatian: očajan
- Czech: zdrcený
- Danish: fortvivlet
- Dutch: van streek zijn van
- European Spanish: deshecho
- Finnish: kauhistunut
- French: dévasté
- German: erschüttert
- Greek: συντετριμμένος συντετριμμένη
- Italian: devastato devastata
- Japanese: 打ちのめされた
- Korean: 망연자실한
- Norwegian: sønderknust
- Polish: zdewastowany zdewastowana
- Portuguese: devastado devastada
- Romanian: distrus distrus, distrusă, distruși, distruse
- Russian: опустошенный опустошенная
- Spanish: anonadado anonadada
- Swedish: förkrossad förkrossat
- Thai: ทำให้ตกตะลึง
- Turkish: mahvolmuş
- Ukrainian: спустошений
- Vietnamese: suy sụp
Translation of devastated from the Collins English to French Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.