French translation of doubtful
- (= unlikely)
it is doubtful that ... or it is doubtful whether ...
il est douteux que ... (+subjunc)
- (= uncertain) [thing]
ce n'est pas sûr
- (= dubious) [quality, value]
- (= full of doubts) [person]
⇒ I'm a bit doubtful.
Je n'en suis pas si sûr.
⇒ You sound doubtful.
Tu n'as pas l'air sûr.to be doubtful about sth
avoir des doutes sur qchto be doubtful (that) ...
douter que ... (+subjunc)to be doubtful whether ...
douter que ... (+subjunc)to be doubtful about doing something
hésiter à faire quelque chose
⇒ I'm doubtful about going by myself.
J'hésite à y aller tout seul.
- (= unlikely to play) [player]
⇒ Jokanovic is doubtful for Chelsea.
La participation de Jokanovic avec Chelsea est incertaine.
Example Sentences Including 'doubtful'
The troops were either too stunned or too tired to challenge them, and it was doubtful Cratyn had even thought to post sentries.TREASON KEEP (2001)
He drove home from his meeting with Freddie Keeler in a doubtful frame of mind.A Trout in the Milk
Yet all of a sudden her eyes avoided his and she sounded doubtful.The Other Devil's Name
Trends of 'doubtful'
View usage over:
'doubtful' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَشْكُوك فِيه
- Brazilian Portuguese: duvidoso duvidosa
- Chinese: 疑惑的
- Croatian: sumnjičav sumnjičava
- Czech: nepravděpodobný
- Danish: tvivlsom
- Dutch: twijfelachtig
- European Spanish: dudoso
- Finnish: kyseenalainen
- French: douteux douteuse
- German: zweifelhaft
- Greek: αμφίβολος αμφίβολη
- Italian: dubbioso dubbiosa
- Japanese: 疑わしい
- Korean: 의심스러운
- Norwegian: tvilsom
- Polish: wątpliwy wątpliwa
- Portuguese: duvidoso duvidosa
- Romanian: nesigur nesigur, nesigură, nesiguri, nesigure
- Russian: сомнительный
- Spanish: dubitativo dubitativa
- Swedish: tveksam tveksamt
- Thai: เป็นที่สงสัย
- Turkish: kuşkulu
- Ukrainian: сумнівний
- Vietnamese: đáng nghi
Translation of doubtful from the Collins English to French Dictionary