French translation of 'dubbed'
Example Sentences Including 'dubbed'
There was the little park (or so the city fathers dubbed it; in fact the term was pure flattery).GALILEE (2001)
Late in the day Maxine came back from her visit to the Hideaway, as she had now dubbed it, with some good news.COLDHEART CANYON (2001)
And in a cave near Luxor, I found the creature, which I dubbed a Nilotic.SACRAMENT (2001)
Trends of 'dubbed'
View usage over:
- (= call)
to dub sb sth
surnommer qn qcha man dubbed 'the terminator'
un homme surnommé 'le finisseur'to dub sb as sth (= describe as)
qualifier qn de qch
doublerto be dubbed into sth [film]
être doublé(e) en qch
⇒ The film was dubbed into French.
Le film était doublé en français.
Example Sentences Including 'dub'
He was building himself a small reputation as a real dub artist, a man whose toasting was really hot.Come to Mecca
'dubbed' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُدَبْلَج
- Brazilian Portuguese: dublado dublada
- Chinese: 配音的
- Croatian: sinkroniziran sinkronizirana
- Czech: dabovaný
- Danish: dubbet
- Dutch: gesynchroniseerd
- European Spanish: doblado
- Finnish: jälkiäänitetty
- French: sous-doublé
- German: synchronisiert
- Greek: χαρακτηρισμένος χαρακτηρισμένη
- Italian: doppiato doppiata
- Japanese: ･･･とあだ名をつけられた
- Korean: ...라고 불리는
- Norwegian: dubbet
- Polish: nazwany nazwana
- Portuguese: dobrado dublada
- Romanian: dublat dublat, dublată, dublați, dublate
- Russian: дублированный дублированная
- Spanish: doblado dobladaidiomas
- Swedish: dubbad dubbat
- Thai: พากย์
- Turkish: altyazılı
- Ukrainian: дубльований
- Vietnamese: được lồng tiếng
Translation of dubbed from the Collins English to French Dictionary