French translation of 'extensive'
- (= covering a wide area)
⇒ The castle is set in extensive grounds.
Le château est situé au cœur d'un vaste domaine.
- [damage, alterations]
⇒ The earthquake caused extensive damage.
Le tremblement de terre a causé des dommages considérables.
- (= wide-ranging)
- [use] [of drugs, mobile phones]
largement répandu(e)to make extensive use of sth
avoir largement recours à qch
Example Sentences Including 'extensive'
The extensive inquiries hadn't produced the information he was seeking.The Book Lady
Janet West's Samaritan services were more extensive than he'd realized.The Book Lady
The main focus, however, was on cattle and by the start of the eighteenth century there was already extensive ranching.SPIX'S MACAW: The Race to Save the World's Rarest Bird (2002)
Trends of 'extensive'
View usage over:
'extensive' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مـُمْتَدّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: extenso extensa
- Chinese: 广泛的
- Croatian: prostran
- Czech: rozsáhlý
- Danish: udstrakt
- Dutch: uitgebreid
- European Spanish: extenso extensa
- Finnish: laaja
- French: complet exhaustif
- German: weitläufig
- Greek: εκτεταμένος εκτεταμένη
- Italian: ampio ampia
- Japanese: 広い
- Korean: 광대한
- Norwegian: utstrakt
- Polish: obszerny obszerna
- Portuguese: extenso extensa
- Romanian: vast vastă, vaști, vaste
- Russian: обширный обширная
- Spanish: extenso extensa
- Swedish: omfattande
- Thai: กว้างขวาง
- Turkish: geniş ferah, yaygın
- Ukrainian: величезний
- Vietnamese: rộng rãi
Translation of extensive from the Collins English to French Dictionary