French translation of 'foster'
- [development, growth]
⇒ She has fostered more than fifteen children.
Plus de quinze enfants ont été placés chez elle.
Example Sentences Including 'foster'
By the time Lonnie had reached eighteen he had been in six different foster homes.Roses are for the Rich
Using the hybrid pair as foster parents really was a completely untried approach, but the scientists believed it was worth a go.SPIX'S MACAW: The Race to Save the World's Rarest Bird (2002)
To face Loclon in the body of her foster mother was testing her to the limit.TREASON KEEP (2001)
Trends of 'foster'
View usage over:
'foster' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يَتَبَنَّى يتبنى
- Brazilian Portuguese: criar o filho de alguém
- Chinese: 养育
- Croatian: njegovati
- Czech: vzít do opatrování brát do opatrování
- Danish: opfostre
- Dutch: in het gezin opnemen
- European Spanish: colocar en una familia de acogida
- Finnish: kasvattaa kasvattilasta
- French: prendre en placement
- German: ein Kind in Pflege nehmen
- Greek: ανατρέφω
- Italian: prendere in affidamento
- Japanese: 養育する
- Korean: 위탁 양육하다
- Norwegian: fostre
- Polish: wychować wychowywać
- Portuguese: criar o filho de alguém
- Romanian: a adopta
- Russian: воспитывать
- Spanish: colocar en una familia de acogida
- Swedish: fostra
- Thai: เลี้ยงดูเด็ก
- Turkish: koruyucu aile olmak
- Ukrainian: всиновлювати
- Vietnamese: nuôi dưỡng
Translation of foster from the Collins English to French Dictionary