French translation of 'gambler'
- (with money)
joueur(‑euse) m fa heavy gambler
un(e) flambeur(‑euse) m f
- (= risk-taker)
⇒ He's not afraid of failure: he's a gambler.
Il n'a pas peur de l'échec; il a le goût du risque.
Example Sentences Including 'gambler'
But unless a gambler 's been found shot dead because he can't pay his debts, he says it's not news.Tank of Serpents
But worry about her had not stopped him from going back to the Opera House; it was like the sickness of the compulsive gambler.Murder Song
In him I saw an image of every gambler who had ever lived, myself included.Doubting Thomas
Trends of 'gambler'
View usage over:
'gambler' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُقامِر
- Brazilian Portuguese: jogador de jogo de azar jogadora
- Chinese: 赌博者
- Croatian: kockar
- Czech: hazardní hráč hazardní hráčka
- Danish: hasardspiller
- Dutch: gokker
- European Spanish: jugador jugadoradinero
- Finnish: uhkapeluri
- French: joueur argent
- German: Glücksspieler Glücksspielerin
- Greek: τζογαδόρος
- Italian: giocatore d’azzardo giocatrice d’azzardo
- Japanese: ギャンブラー
- Korean: 도박꾼
- Norwegian: gambler
- Polish: hazardzista hazardzistka
- Portuguese: jogador de jogo de azar jogadora
- Romanian: jucător de jocuri de noroc
- Russian: азартный игрок
- Spanish: jugador jugadora
- Swedish: spelare
- Thai: นักพนัน
- Turkish: kumarcı
- Ukrainian: азартний гравець
- Vietnamese: người chơi bạc
Translation of gambler from the Collins English to French Dictionary