French translation of 'grand jury'
(US) jury m d’accusation (formé de 12 à 23 jurés)
Copyright © by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'grand jury'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
A US grand jury decided there is enough evidence against him.The Sun (2006)
Over and over again we heard that the grand jury bar for an indictment is so low all it takes is a ham sandwich.Christianity Today (2000)
Trends of 'grand jury'
Used Occasionally. grand jury is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'grand jury' in Other Languages
British English: grand jury NOUN
A grand jury is a jury, usually in the United States, which considers a criminal case in order to decide if someone should be tried in a court of law.
They have already given evidence before a grand jury.
- American English: grand jury
- Brazilian Portuguese: júri de instrução
- Chinese: 大陪审团
- European Spanish: jurado de acusación
- French: jury d'accusation
- German: Großes Geschworenengericht
- Italian: giuriaformata da 12 a 23 membri
- Japanese: 大陪審
- Korean: 대배심
- European Portuguese: júri de instrução
- Spanish: jurado de acusación
Translation of grand jury from the Collins English to French Dictionary