French translation of 'historical'
- (from the past) [figure, event, monument]
- (set in the past) [book, film, play]
roman m historique
- (related to the study of history) [records, research]
⇒ modern historical research
la recherche historique moderne
⇒ It was this kind of historical context that Morris brought to his work.
C'est ce type de contexte historique que Morris intégra dans son œuvre.from a historical perspective
d'un point de vue historique
⇒ Viewed from a historical perspective, agricultural landscapes are ever changing.
D'un point de vue historique, le paysage agricole est en constante transformation.
Example Sentences Including 'historical'
Margaret Mitchell and water, of course, but it shows she really knows her onions in the historical field too.Death in Purple Prose
John Coffin's historical researches into his ancestors had caught Jordan's attention.Coffin in Fashion
Beyond those historical benchmarks, I was getting an education in epitaphs.No Body
Trends of 'historical'
View usage over:
'historical' in Other Languages
- Arabic: تَارِيخِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: histórico histórica
- Chinese: 历史的
- Croatian: povijesni povijesna
- Czech: historický
- Danish: historisk
- Dutch: historisch
- European Spanish: histórico histórica
- Finnish: historiallinen
- French: historique
- German: historisch
- Greek: ιστορικός ιστορική
- Italian: storico storica
- Japanese: 歴史上の
- Korean: 역사적인
- Norwegian: historisk
- Polish: historyczny historyczna
- Portuguese: histórico histórica
- Romanian: istoric istoric, istorică, istorici, istorice
- Russian: исторический историческая
- Spanish: histórico histórica
- Swedish: historisk historiskt
- Thai: ที่เกี่ยวกับประวัติศาสตร์
- Turkish: tarihi
- Ukrainian: історичний
- Vietnamese: liên quan đến lịch sử
Translation of historical from the Collins English to French Dictionary