French translation of 'hitchhiker'
Example Sentences Including 'hitchhiker'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
The hitchhiker had turned round, and Ellie had checked him out through the back mirror.LOOKING FOR ANDREW MCCARTHY (2002)
Trends of 'hitchhiker'
Used Rarely. hitchhiker is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'hitchhiker' in Other Languages
British English: hitchhiker /ˈhɪtʃˌhaɪkə/ NOUN
A hitchhiker is someone who travels somewhere by getting free lifts from passing vehicles.
On my way there I picked up a hitchhiker.
- American English: hitchhiker
- Arabic: مُسَافِرٌ يُوقِفُ السَّيّارَاتَ لِيَركَبَهَا مَجَّانَاً
- Brazilian Portuguese: caroneiro
- Chinese: 搭便车的旅行者
- Croatian: autostoper
- Czech: stopař
- Danish: blaffer
- Dutch: lifter
- European Spanish: autoestopista
- Finnish: liftari
- French: autostoppeur
- German: Tramper
- Greek: άτομο που κάνει οτοστόπ
- Italian: autostoppista
- Japanese: ヒッチハイクをする人
- Korean: 자동차 편승 여행자
- Norwegian: haiker
- Polish: autostopowicz
- European Portuguese: pessoa que anda à boleia
- Romanian: autostopist
- Russian: путешественник автостопом
- Spanish: autoestopista
- Swedish: liftare
- Thai: คนที่เดินทางโดยการขออาศัยรถคนอื่น
- Turkish: otostopçu
- Ukrainian: попутник
- Vietnamese: người xin đi nhờ xe
Translation of hitchhiker from the Collins English to French Dictionary