French translation of hopeful
⇒ I'm hopeful.
Je suis plein d'espoir.to be hopeful that
avoir bon espoir que
⇒ I'm hopeful that she'll manage to come.
J'ai bon espoir qu'elle puisse venir.to be hopeful of doing sth
avoir bon espoir de faire qch
⇒ He's hopeful of winning.
Il a bon espoir de gagner.
- [sign, prospect, situation]
⇒ The prospects look hopeful.
Les perspectives semblent encourageantes.
young hopeful (ambitious)
jeune ambitieux(‑euse) m f(thought likely to succeed)
jeune espoir m
Example Sentences Including 'hopeful'
Sister Mahina had been quite hopeful that a peaceful solution might be reached.TREASON KEEP (2001)
Maurice Blair had so far responded surprisingly well to what treatment was possible; in his case the prognosis was hopeful.Unto The Grave
But I'm hopeful of bringing the case to an early conclusion," Millson said.The Book Lady
Trends of 'hopeful'
View usage over:
'hopeful' in Other Languages
- Arabic: آمِل
- Brazilian Portuguese: esperançoso esperançosa
- Chinese: 有希望的
- Croatian: optimističan optimistična
- Czech: nadějný
- Danish: forhåbningsfuld
- Dutch: hoopvol
- European Spanish: esperanzado esperanzada
- Finnish: toiveikas
- French: optimiste
- German: hoffnungsvoll
- Greek: αισιόδοξος αισιόδοξη
- Italian: speranzoso speranzosa
- Japanese: 希望が持てる
- Korean: 희망적인
- Norwegian: forventningsfull
- Polish: pełny nadziei pełna nadziei
- Portuguese: esperançoso esperançosa
- Romanian: optimist optimist, optimistă, optimiști, optimiste
- Russian: надеющийся надеющаяся
- Spanish: esperanzado esperanzada
- Swedish: hoppfull hoppfullt
- Thai: มีความหวัง
- Turkish: umutlu
- Ukrainian: оптимістичний
- Vietnamese: đầy hy vọng
Translation of hopeful from the Collins English to French Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.