French translation of 'impressed'
⇒ I'm very impressed!
Je suis très impressionné!to be impressed by sb/sth or to be impressed with sb/sth
être impressionné(e) par qn/qch
Example Sentences Including 'impressed'
I looked at him as his white teeth bit into the bread, and forgot about being impressed by my surroundings.READY? (2001)
The thing that impressed me was her concentration on it to the exclusion of everything else, even to the exclusion of herself.THE EXECUTION (2002)
Wesley mused this over --- staring at her intently --- clearly impressed by her particular brand of evasive straightforwardness.BEHINDLINGS (2002)
Trends of 'impressed'
View usage over:
- (= make a favourable impression on)
⇒ She's trying to impress you.
Elle essaie de t'impressionner.
- (= mark)
- (= emphasize)
to impress sth on sb
bien faire comprendre qch à qn
Example Sentences Including 'impress'
Probably he had bought them, certainly she hadn't selected them, to impress the disco dolly up in Portmarnock.Death of an Unknown Man
At another table a senior man was either being flattered by the attentions of juniors, or he was seeking to impress.A Death in Time
At least I've managed to impress upon him that there are house rules in any relationship.DEAD BEAT (2002)
'impressed' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُتَأَثِّرٌ
- Brazilian Portuguese: impressionado impressionada
- Chinese: 印象深刻的
- Croatian: impresioniran impresionirana
- Czech: ohromený
- Danish: imponeret
- Dutch: onder de indruk
- European Spanish: impresionado impresionada
- Finnish: johon on tehty vaikutus
- French: impressionné
- German: beeindruckt
- Greek: εντυπωσιασμένος εντυπωσιασμένη
- Italian: impressionato impressionata
- Japanese: 印象づけられた
- Korean: 감명을 받은
- Norwegian: imponert
- Polish: zachwycony zachwycona
- Portuguese: impressionado impressionada
- Romanian: impresionat impresionat, impresionată, impresionați, impresionate
- Russian: впечатленный впечатленная
- Spanish: impresionado impresionada
- Swedish: imponerad imponerat
- Thai: รู้สึกประทับใจ
- Turkish: etkilenmiş
- Ukrainian: вражений
- Vietnamese: có ấn tượng
Translation of impressed from the Collins English to French Dictionary