French translation of lie-in
to have a lie-in
faire la grasse matinée
⇒ I have a lie-in on Sundays.
Je fais la grasse matinée le dimanche.
Example Sentences Including 'lie-in'
Rained really heavily last night & in usual weekend fashion sent girls downstairs with Hugh to watch telly so we could have a lie-in.AND GOD CREATED THE AU PAIR (2005)
`I think, dear boy, I might have a bit of a lie-in this morning.SEA MUSIC (2003)
`I have a lie-in on Wednesdays," she explained, `usually until eleven when I go off to see my mother.The Book Lady
Trends of 'lie-in'
View usage over:
'lie-in' in Other Languages
- Arabic: الرُقَاْدُ فِي الْسَرِيرِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: permanência até tarde na cama
- Chinese: 懒觉
- Croatian: izležavanje
- Czech: lenošení v posteli
- Danish: sove længe
- Dutch: uitslapen
- European Spanish: quedarse en cama
- Finnish: aamulla pitkään nukkuminen
- French: grasse matinée
- German: Ausschlafen
- Greek: χουζούρεμα
- Italian: restare a letto
- Japanese: 朝寝坊
- Korean: 늦잠
- Norwegian: ligge lenge
- Polish: poranne dłuższe leżenie w łóżku
- Portuguese: permanência até tarde na cama
- Romanian: lenevire în pat leneviri în patdimineața
- Russian: лежание в постели
- Spanish: quedarse en cama
- Swedish: sovmorgon
- Thai: การนอนตื่นสายในตอนเช้า
- Turkish: sabahleyin geç vakte kadar yatmak
- Ukrainian: n вилежування
- Vietnamese: sự ngủ nướng
Translation of lie-in from the Collins English to French Dictionary
Join the Collins community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Related Terms of 'lie-in'