French translation of 'long-distance'
- [phone call]
longue distance inv
- [phone, call]
⇒ I phoned Nicola long-distance.
J'ai téléphoné à Nicola, c'était un appel longue distance.
Example Sentences Including 'long-distance'
Of course I used the long-distance night hauliers in the road caffs, mentioning Antioch's name.The Tartan Ringers
Perhaps a long-distance lorry driver, or a maintenance engineer on some specialized equipment.THE LAST TEMPTATION (2002)
He rang the garage in St Blaise, and was told that all their cars were out on long-distance runs.Moondrop to Murder
Trends of 'long-distance'
View usage over:
'long-distance' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: de longa distância
- Chinese: > 长途的旅行
- European Spanish: de larga distancia
- French: interurbain interurbaine
- German: Langstrecken-
- Italian: a lunga percorrenzatreno, aereo
- Japanese: 長距離の
- Korean: 장거리의
- Portuguese: de longa distância
- Spanish: de larga distancia
Translation of long-distance from the Collins English to French Dictionary